Poodle Pancakes – attempt 1

I think Allie requested a poodle, so this is my attempt. Pretty successful for my first shot I think, but the batter was too runny and I ruined his face. Next time I’ll try for some more color variation and body-line distinction :)

8 Responses to Poodle Pancakes – attempt 1

1. Oldfashiongirl May 15, 2010 at 5:23 pm #

I am thinking of having a 1st year birthday party and the theme will be Pink Poodles so I think I my try this idea as a gluten free substitute for the kid that will not have the cupcakes… I will have to take some time practicing as my art skills are non existent.

2. Laura May 17, 2010 at 11:07 pm #

Jim,
    You are a man after my own heart. Lovely pancakes! Truly inspired! I am in awe! Bravissimo!
    I never added color to mine or got 3-D but I’ve made Babar, Barney, Mickey Mouse, letters, hearts, moons, flowers, butterflies, faces…etc.. My Mom taught me to do it. She made turtles and snowmen.
    Best wishes for more fun in the kitchen.

3. Jim May 18, 2010 at 5:04 am #

Let me know how the gluten free batter works out, I haven’t tried it. Thanks!

4. Bambi May 29, 2010 at 1:27 am #

If you could make a pink poodle, I think I would die and be happy and I know a few other people too who would be. Plus I’m sure Allie would be down for it.

5. Kendra June 20, 2010 at 11:00 pm #

Wow. Very Creative =.] nn Allie is Adorable

6. Christine October 14, 2010 at 7:40 pm #

You are a true daddy and inspiration to all. I hope you have scrapbooked these photos so your daughter can forever cherish these special times spent with daddy.

I am a waffle person myself, but I have a whole new appreciation for pancakes now.

7. Bailey October 15, 2010 at 3:58 pm #

You are a true Pancake Perfectionest!!!!! You are the most talented Pancake maker ever!!!!!!! I suggest you make a Giant Chocolate Chip Pancake for Allie, Im sure she will like it with a big glass of milk, too!!! Happy Baking!!

8. Kelsey December 3, 2010 at 10:36 pm #

I heard about your pancakes on a local radio station, and i just had to check it out. They are amazing. Very unique! I would love to see a hippopotamus. I wanted to make one for my nephew. But i have no clue how.
    Have fun making more! =)