Million dollar idea- pancake cereal

Step 1: take all the left-over batter from the penguin and tic tac toe pancakes.

Step 2: Cook thoroughly on one side only (because there is no way you are ever going to flip these things easily, I tried).

Step 3: Throw into a bowl and add a little syrup and butter.  Freaking delicious.

Delicious pancake cereal

, ,

11 Responses to Million dollar idea- pancake cereal

1. roxy May 10, 2010 at 12:06 am #

mmm this is yummy genius, jim !

2. Cindy May 11, 2010 at 3:19 am #

All of the pancakes are fabulous of course. But this is esp. charming. Love it.

3. julia May 14, 2010 at 5:26 am #

In a word: skasome. This will resonate across college campuses everywhere, and with me (no longer in college). :)

4. April May 17, 2010 at 1:33 am #

Oh my lord, my boyfriend would looooove this. We have pancakes with our weekly brunches, but now that I’ve seen *this* idea, I think plain old pancakes will be a past now…instead, we’ll have this brilliant idea of pancake cereal.

5. Mom May 26, 2010 at 9:00 pm #

When I was a young girl your “Pop” used to crunch up soda crackers, put them in a bowl with milk and sugar and that was our cereal on occasion……yuk!!! This is so much better !

6. Neesha June 6, 2010 at 2:37 am #

You rock. This is awesome.

7. ftoom887 August 3, 2010 at 10:06 pm #

I love this! Gonna try it out soon.
    (I received an email with photos of your pancakes, and posted it on my blog. Your creativity is amazing! Keep up the delicious work!)

8. I)ruid September 27, 2010 at 1:50 am #

Instead of trying to flip them, you could cook both sides using a griddle that has a second removable hot surface that can be placed on top of the mini pancakes once their bottoms have cooked a bit so as not to spread the batter. In a pinch, you might be able to use a cast iron griddle like you would use for camping that was heated up in the oven, but that may be too heavy and still squish them.

9. Mona October 15, 2010 at 2:07 am #

THIS LOOKS SO YUMMY!!!
    I’m definetely going to try this!

10. Emily May 15, 2011 at 2:14 am #

After finding your website from a friend when i posted pics of my so amateur pancakes i saw these, and had to try them.. My kids have been asking for pancakes every morning lately and i was running out of creative ideas… your gallery has just inspired me!! I made these this morning with the kids leftover batter for my brother. (3o years old and he thought they were great ;D Thanks!)

1. Pumpkin Dots | Fix Me A Snack - October 25, 2010

[...] my tribute to Jim’s Pancakes, a blog authored by a dad who is insanely creative when it comes to pancakes. My kids loved these [...]