Mmmmmm…..bacon & eggs

Bacon and eggs made from pancakes
This pancake is for all the mornings when I really want bacon and eggs but we never seem to have them in the fridge. Luckily, we have plenty of pancake ingredients in this house :)

I’m glad I recorded this one, Allie had a couple good comments. Apparently calling bacon fat “fat” isn’t nice. And oh shoot isn’t a nice word. That WAS my nice version!

, , , , , ,

40 Responses to Mmmmmm…..bacon & eggs

1. Rose May 18, 2010 at 4:14 am #

Just when I think the last pancake is cool…along comes ‘bacon and eggs’. Wow! : )

2. Toni May 18, 2010 at 2:36 pm #

Just stumbled onto this site. its amazing! i love pancakes and you have made such fun ones! my favorite is the giraffe. One of my new favorite sites :)

3. Benjamin May 18, 2010 at 5:11 pm #

Just love those pancakes. Cant wait to get to make some

4. Nick May 18, 2010 at 5:30 pm #

Ah, that looks great!

5. Ava May 18, 2010 at 9:09 pm #

That is really cool. Your pancakes are so awesome. today i watched your videos and i loved them! I wish that I could eat them you are so good at cooking.I want to try to make one but i don’t think it will work out so well. Our teacher showed them to us in class today and everyone wanted them so badly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your daughter is cute funny and lucky that she gets to eat them!

6. Dori May 18, 2010 at 10:42 pm #

Amazing!!

7. Stephanie May 18, 2010 at 11:12 pm #

Jim,

I think you should open your own restaurant. I totally think this would take off, and you are really talented and seem to have superb creativity and craftsmanship.

Either way, great job providing for your daughter!

8. Jim May 19, 2010 at 4:38 am #

Thanks! Let me know if you want to invest in a restaurant :) Maybe Allie could be the hostess.

9. Lisa May 19, 2010 at 11:58 am #

What a sweet thing to do for your daughter! She will never forget it, and she will do the same for her kid’s someday.
    I love when dad’s are sweet to their kid’s, it warms my heart.

10. Bruna May 21, 2010 at 11:05 pm #

Haha the child in the background is priceless!

(and yum! I wanna eat those)

11. faithy May 24, 2010 at 6:11 am #

got the link from Vicki @ http://baking-with-granny.blogspot.com/2010/05/pancakes.html to your blog. Your pancakes are amazing! Everyone of them! So creative! I love the comments that your daughter made..so cute and adorable!! Made me laugh on Monday..esp. when i have Monday blues..esp. at work! LOL! …:D

12. joe May 30, 2010 at 11:46 am #

I just love your pancakes.
    I have one question though. Bacon fat is OK and different than calling someone fat (rude), but Is it OK to call someone bacon fat?

I’m sure you get the ‘best dad in the world’ award.

13. b0b June 6, 2010 at 10:25 pm #

You shouldn’t use metal utensils on a Teflon surface, it will ruin the coating

14. Brady June 7, 2010 at 1:36 am #

Wow, you are a great father, and you have inspired me to make breakfast a little less boring around our house. Excellent work.

15. Mel June 7, 2010 at 5:01 pm #

Jim,

I want you at my home and make pancakes for me!! ^_^ they are so cool and your daughter in the background is soooo cute <3

greetings from Germany,

Mel

16. Adam Kurihara June 9, 2010 at 11:31 pm #

Your pancake blog keeps coming up on my google reader. Way to be an awesome dad :-), but you should know that fat shoot is a bad word!

Supercute. Keep it up :-) I’m wondering what you’ll be making in 10 years when she’s a teenager…

17. Willow June 12, 2010 at 4:22 am #

This has made my day ^.^
    I really liked to see your pancakes, and your videos are a perfect combination of amazing pancakes, cute child additions, and your commentary! :D I wish my dad and I were that close back then.

18. Faby June 17, 2010 at 9:02 pm #

Soooo….wanna be my dad???

haha, amazing pancakes, make my day ;)

19. Tom June 20, 2010 at 1:26 am #

Jim,

This website is so cool, and most especially, so are your pancakes. Both I and my ten-year-old son are big fans. We’re looking forward to trying out some of your creations; we figure, even if ours don’t look as good, they’re bound to go down easy. Thanks for bringing honor to dads everywhere, and Happy Father’s Day to you tomorrow!

20. Trakenstein June 20, 2010 at 5:25 pm #

Man, you got my kids wanting me to make them some. You know I can’t do that!! lol

21. sal June 20, 2010 at 6:57 pm #

Jim,

Your pancakes are amazing, but what’s more amazing and endearing is your relationship you have with your daughter! YOU ARE TRULY A SPECIAL DAD!!

22. Jeannie Q June 20, 2010 at 7:06 pm #

How adorable!! Hey, isn’t she the little girl from the fish sticks commercial?? “Minced, you feed me minced??” I love her!!

23. Britta June 20, 2010 at 7:19 pm #

You are the father of the cutest little girl I have ever seen!

24. Michele June 20, 2010 at 7:47 pm #

Oh my goodness! You are so creative. I just shared your AOL page on my facebook account. Your daughter is beautiful, I see why you go out of the way making her these wonderful pancakes! I will be working on getting cool grandma points thanks to you. HAPPY FATHERS DAY!

25. Chase June 20, 2010 at 8:04 pm #

LOL i love it!! Great job! i am going to surprise some people and try and do this. Keep it up

26. Ed June 20, 2010 at 8:55 pm #

These are awesome! I wish you could have given me this idea 25 years ago when my kids were little!!

Kudos!

27. Karen June 20, 2010 at 9:15 pm #

These pancakes are fun works of art. They are very attractive, but all that artificial food coloring is very unhealthy. (Unless it’s natural vegetable coloring.)

28. ReikiPathRS June 20, 2010 at 10:45 pm #

You are the DaVinci of pancakes, and you are making people smile :)

29. Rachel September 26, 2010 at 3:00 pm #

I was just browsing stuff on my iPhone before getting out of bed on a Sunday morning and stumbled across this… I was laughing so hard over your daughter’s comments on the video that I woke my husband up :) Thanks for the bright start to my day!

30. Bomika October 15, 2010 at 8:55 am #

Great Job!!! love ur pancakes!! awesome!!

31. Nichole October 15, 2010 at 3:47 pm #

I think the pancakes on your site are just wonderful. Great Idea. I love when people make certain food look like something else.. when I was in germany I loved the Eis Cafe’s.. that did “spagetti Ice” Ice cream that looked like spagetti, they had ice cream that looked like steak, pizza..ect.. and it made it just THAT much more fun for the family. .. This is great! I love your site.

32. Nancy B October 15, 2010 at 5:44 pm #

Love your work and your daughter is just adorable :-) Glad you taped that also!

33. Carolyn Coxe October 15, 2010 at 10:03 pm #

The coolest pancakes ever!!

34. Emily aka Miley October 16, 2010 at 12:27 pm #

I am so proud of you Jim, you are really raising Allie right!!!

35. Rachael October 17, 2010 at 2:07 pm #

I love this idea and what a great way to brighten up breakfast. BTW, Allie is just hilarious.

36. Miss Cuisine September 7, 2011 at 11:57 am #

Great job. It’s sad that it seams that you do not realize new pancakes anymore.
    I’ll put a link to your article on my french blog on the 23th of november.

1. Bacon and Eggs Pancake Style | blog.ghammerton.com - May 21, 2010

[...] (via) 21. May, 2010 [...]

2. “I Love U WerePig” and other random recipies « Saskboy's Abandoned Stuff – Site News - May 26, 2010

[...] And continuing the odd thoughts, how about bacon and eggs, made out of another breakfast staple: pancakes? [...]

3. Study: The Difference Between Bacon and Bacon-ish Using Pancakes as a Constant | Diversions and Soup - June 12, 2010

[...] Bacon and Bacon-ish Using Pancakes as a Constant Posted on June 11, 2010 by Simo Bacon-ish: Jim’s Pancakes shows you, complete with cute baby sounds, how to make some nifty bacon (and egg) facsimiles using [...]

4. Panquecas de coração para o Dia dos Namorados | SuperZiper - September 16, 2010

[...] um pró panquequeiro e usa vários corantes e outros truques para fazer as mais loucas formas, de ovos e bacon a cheeseburgers. Eu preferi simplificar e trouxe pra casa basicamente o truque de usar uma bisnaga [...]