I’m not even good at Tetris pancakes!

Tetris Pancake

This is a pretty accurate depiction of how I play Tetris on my computer too. I’m usually okay until about level 3, then my brain starts to overheat. Luckily when you make tetris pancakes, if you get frustrated you can just eat up the block and make new ones :)

Allie like the colors, but was less than impressed with the overall theme. I need to get her a gameboy or something so that she can appreciate this.

, , , , ,

42 Responses to I’m not even good at Tetris pancakes!

1. Jason R June 6, 2010 at 2:13 pm #

World Oceans Day is June 8. I am making pancaketopuses to celebrate.

2. Courtney June 6, 2010 at 3:21 pm #

Ooh, I love tetris!
    Love all the pancakes. What a cool blog :)

3. Tina June 6, 2010 at 3:47 pm #

OMG we are a totally Tetris-obsessed house here!! These are AWESOME!!!!! We have tournaments to see who can get the highest score (the boyfriend currently holds the record at over 100,000 points).

You sir, are, talented!

4. Bruno June 6, 2010 at 4:05 pm #

Jim, I’m Bruno, from Brazil.
    I’m here to say that you are awsome!!

I’m your number 1 fan in Brazil!

5. Colin June 6, 2010 at 6:31 pm #

Tetris! These pancakes are awesome. But I have an idea/request.
    You should make a “Keywork” Pancake! I won’t leave any links here, but if you do a quick image search, it’ll be obvious what I mean. It’s the logo for Prog Rock band Coheed & Cambria. In any case, keep up the amazing work!

6. Madison June 6, 2010 at 7:10 pm #

I love Tetris! And pancakes! Stumbled upon your blog while browsing through this vaming website.I just have to say,you’re such an awesome dad!. If only my dad made me delicious pancakes AND willingly buy me video games.

7. ErikaJean June 6, 2010 at 8:19 pm #

This one’s awesome! Great game and great breakfast! a match made in heaven

8. alllebasii June 6, 2010 at 9:28 pm #

AWESOME! Thanks so much for posting this!

9. PaisleyJade June 6, 2010 at 9:50 pm #

Love it!!!

10. Mark Fidelman June 6, 2010 at 9:57 pm #

Tetris brings back memories. Did she try and fit the pieces together and eat the bottom rows?

LOL. Anyway, thanks for making all of us Dad’s look bad J/K… but seriously, great job Jim. I am extremely impressed.

11. Nikki June 6, 2010 at 9:58 pm #

I needed to stop by and comment after I saw your pancakes on Reddit.com (twice!).

I’ve looked through your whole blog and I must say, you have improved immensely so quickly! Good for you, this looks like it will be something you really enjoy and become great at. :D

Your daughter is a lucky little girl!

12. Suzanne June 6, 2010 at 10:41 pm #

How did you get them so perfectly squared? Looks delish!

13. Mark June 6, 2010 at 11:03 pm #

your job its just great…..i mean….GREAT!!….
    but the most important is…..you are a great father :)

14. Dakota June 7, 2010 at 12:07 am #

In a world of boring blogs, something like this is fresh and, quite frankly, awesome! Keep up the good work; I love pancakes! :)

15. Whiz June 7, 2010 at 1:04 am #

Hello Jim,
    I’ve been a reader of your blog since the beginning, and I just wanted to tell you that I think you are an amazing person and a personal hero of mine. It’s so wonderful to see a parent do something so complex and weird just for the happiness of their kid, it really warms my heart. That being said, I LOVE your pancake creations! My personal favorite, as of now, are your “bacon and egg” pancakes. Keep up the good work, I can’t wait to see what other kind of art you’ll make.
    Best regards,
    Whiz

16. crystal June 7, 2010 at 1:11 am #

I just wanted to say how awesome you are! And how blessed your daughter is!

17. fooddiaryuser June 7, 2010 at 2:34 am #

Great job! Tetris is my all time favorite video game! This one is a free one… http://www.ford-forums.com/index.php?act=Arcade&do=newscore

18. ZettaSlow June 7, 2010 at 2:53 am #

Hi there. Your blog’s been posted to http://www.Reddit.com so expect a huge influx of traffic in about a day or two someone on Digg.com reposts this on their website.

P.s Pancakes are awesome, my personal favourite is the Ferris Wheel.

19. alex June 7, 2010 at 2:59 am #

Genius! Looks like my Tetris gaming skills too. Can’t wait to try to make them and let my boys put it together. And your daughter is the funniest. My 6 year old and I couldn’t stop giggling over her sushi head comment. He gets to be in my cooking videos and be silly too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZAKlzfVb0s go to about 2:40.
    Thanks for sharing these with us. I am sure your daughter will appreciate, learn and enjoy them so much…especially later on when she grows up. : )

20. Abhi June 7, 2010 at 4:54 am #

Dude, you’re awesome!

21. mrskan/jo June 7, 2010 at 11:29 am #

what a cool blog- your little grl is so so so cuteeeeeee :)

22. Avocat June 7, 2010 at 4:21 pm #

Video-games theme pancakes are most delicious. I loved the Pac-man, and now Tetris takes your pancakes to the next level.

23. Kevin June 7, 2010 at 5:01 pm #

Jim,

As a father of a 13 year old girl I am humbled by your efforts…..I’ve always made my daughter the #1 priority in my life, and I’m proud to say she’s growing up to be quite the young lady…..I applaud your commitment to fatherhood, these will be memories she will never forget…..you ROCK!!!……the only downside is her ever finding a man in her life that compares.

My hat is off to you

24. Sandra June 7, 2010 at 5:50 pm #

Hey Jim,

Your daughter is SO adorable and someone featured your blog on Reddit so I’ve made my way here and have been sharing your site with friends.

What an awesome way to have interaction with your daughter! Keep up the great, fun, and creative work!

25. Samantha June 7, 2010 at 6:01 pm #

Getting past level three is hard – Tetris or pancakes – everything just starts to go so quickly!

26. ML June 8, 2010 at 1:05 am #

You’re getting good at this…

I’d just like to say that you look like an awesome father. When I was 3, my parents were more concerned about pissing each other off than me so I was pretty much left out and I turned out to be an horrible person.

The first 5 years of your life are the most important and this little girl will never forget the magical breakfasts her father did for her.

27. NAMOWENO June 8, 2010 at 2:15 am #

This is adorable! Great idea…lord knows how hard it is to get little ones to eat anything! I found a great idea at Parents.com for colored pancakes using fruit puree instead of water. Just passing it on. Love the blog! Adorable daughter too!

28. lisa June 8, 2010 at 3:04 pm #

wow! we need some vidoes that show the step by step so that we could try it lol… something simple .

29. Aisha June 8, 2010 at 9:52 pm #

We love, love, love the site…and your reason for making these awesome pancakes is soooo cool. What a great site, and a great gift for your daughter. Can’t wait to see more.

30. Linda's Yummies June 9, 2010 at 3:09 am #

Bravo! Great idea. who says you can’t play with your food? Awesome job.

31. Mary June 9, 2010 at 4:08 am #

Dude, you rock!

32. Juliana June 9, 2010 at 8:41 pm #

Hi Jim, I’m from Brazil and I found you site trhough another… You are really a creative person! Continue teaching us how to do the funny pancakes… maybe one day I can make for my child too….

bye!

33. hr June 10, 2010 at 8:28 am #

adorable everything.

34. Alex June 10, 2010 at 2:28 pm #

Hey Jim, this is a message from a father of a 13-month-year-old boy in China. I love your pancakes. My son would envy Allie as his dad has done nothing so great like you have done.

35. Sharon June 18, 2010 at 1:17 pm #

is this the ever-so-famous tetris pancakes of yours? it’s been going around the internet, did you know that??? you’re famous! congrats! and your tetris pancakes are a hit! You should make something retro and nerdy again next time for the fans :)

36. Sal it support contracts August 18, 2011 at 1:39 pm #

haha loved this, I sent it to my girlfriend as she’a s huge tetris fan. Must of taken ages to make so well done !

1. Tetris Blocks — They're for Breakfast Now! | Xbox Centre - June 6, 2010

[...] I’m Not Even Good at Tetris Pancakes! [Jim's Pancakes, thanks Ben M.] [...]

2. Tetris Blocks — They’re For Breakfast Now! | Kotaku Australia - June 7, 2010

[...] I’m Not Even Good at Tetris Pancakes! [Jim's Pancakes, thanks Ben M.] Tagged:foododditiespancakesscreengrabtetris [...]

3. Super.licio.us | Superlevel - June 7, 2010

[...] Tetris Pancakes arcade food offline diy [...]

4. Link Fire: 15 June 2010 - June 15, 2010

[...] dad makes unique pancakes for his daughter and blogs about it everyday. Amazingly creative stuff by Jim’s Pancakes, especially this geeky Tetris [...]

5. 17 Delicious Tetris Themed Treats  | Picture News - February 9, 2011