Pancakes are better with honey- the Beehive pancake!

beehive pancake

This one is super easy to make, you just have to make some circles and some “C” shapes for the door. Stack ‘em up and you’re done!  Yes, I admit that my bees could use a little work. I was trying to make them really small to match the scale of the beehive but they just turned into blobs. For the brown color I used cocoa powder in the batter, for the yellow I used some stale turmeric spice that we had laying around. Don’t use fresh turmeric because it can affect the flavor a bit.

Of course, you need to eat this pancake with honey, not syrup :)

Allie and the beehive pancake

63 Responses to Pancakes are better with honey- the Beehive pancake!

1. Rachel October 17, 2010 at 12:00 am #

The world needs more dads like you! Love your creativity and the beautiful bond you have with your daughter. Sending positive thoughts and wishes for continued inspiration from Alabama!

2. Hannah October 17, 2010 at 8:52 am #

You are officially my new favourite person! I came across your website with StumbleUpon. My mom makes bunny pancakes on Easter (which is why it is my favourite holiday) but I never knew you could take pancakes so far!
    Your daughter is also officially the cutest and I wish every guy could be as awesome a dad as you are!

3. Dez October 18, 2010 at 8:33 pm #

These are great! You are an inspiration to all pancake fanatics! (and all dads who want to do cool stuff with their kids :D )

4. Shelley Rubalcava October 19, 2010 at 3:02 am #

By far I love this one! Bees are awesome. My clients who have kids i share your blog with…they enjoy it as much as I do!

Your creativity is inspiring!

5. Mia October 19, 2010 at 8:31 am #

You make a little girl and lots of moms very happy :) The bees look very nice, they are too pretty to be eaten!

6. Silly mom October 19, 2010 at 11:50 am #

Great dad. I wish I had a dad like you. Congrats on your beautiful daughter and great pancakes!

7. Angela Slaughter October 19, 2010 at 4:38 pm #

Saw you on Rachel Ray. LOVED you. LOVED that sweet little girl. LOVED your creations. I had to try them with my little girls and guy. We did Halloween pancakes, and I’m sure we will be doing all sort of creations in the future. I did a shout out to you on my blog today. Thank you!! We had a fun, fabulous time in the kitchen as a family yesterday because of you.

Angela in Arkansas

8. Ashley October 21, 2010 at 1:55 pm #

This is just adorable. How sweet! She looks so happy in the pictures. Seeing these pictures just made my day.

9. Juliana October 21, 2010 at 6:32 pm #

These are awesome pancakes! I’ve always made animal pancakes for my kids when they were growing up because it was a wonderful memory for me as well. My Dad used to make me bunny pancakes when I was little. Of course none of them were this fancy. What a great memory for your daughter. She will probably carry on the tradition with her children. Thanks for the website. I can’t wait to try making some of these.

10. Tami K. October 21, 2010 at 9:57 pm #

Do you guys get to eat pancakes every day? Your daughter is a very lucky wee one.

11. liz November 2, 2010 at 2:29 am #

Dude, you are the best, coolest dad ever. These are amazing and as heart-warming as I’m sure they are delicious.

12. Julie April 21, 2011 at 4:51 pm #

This is one of my favorite of all your pancake creations! If only I was half as talented as you are with a spatula…

I will be sharing your fantastically tasty blog on a short post on pancake art today over at http://hippobargains.com/blog.

Thanks for sharing! Your work always looks so cool and very, very delicious!

Julie