Easter Pancakes!

Pancakes for Easter

Hi All!  Yes, Allie and I (and Ryan) are still around, sorry we’ve been gone for a bit. I’ve been working on the pancake book, so most weekends have involved pancake photo shoot and writing so I’ve neglected the blog a bit.  Good news though- we’re back on a regular pancake-making schedule, so you can expect many more creations in the coming weeks.

Anyway, this week we decided to make some Easter pancakes and post them so that you have some ideas to make on Easter morning. This idea came straight from Allie, and at first I wasn’t sure how to pull it off. “A baby chick coming out of an egg in an Easter basket” is a bit of a challenge when you’re working with pancakes :)

After breaking the design into a few parts though, it’s not too bad. First I made the basket, then the egg, then the chick (which is basically just a yellow circle with an orange beak). Get creative and have fun this Easter, and be sure and post your photos to my Facebook page!

Thanks!

jim

20 Responses to Easter Pancakes!

1. Laura F April 22, 2011 at 10:05 pm #

Cute!! You’ve inspired me to give these a shot… Sunday’s the big day- I’ve got to get a pancake shooter [bottle?] thing!

You make amazing creations!

2. Anna Marie April 22, 2011 at 10:52 pm #

Happy Easter! Good to have you back! This is really cute! Like it!

What about a cross with an Easter lilly? or a hill with a stone rolled away from the dark opening?

3. Stacy April 23, 2011 at 12:02 am #

Glad you are back, we’ve missed you. My kids ask regularly if you have posted any new pancakes. My 9 yr-old son is particularly impressed by your skills.

4. Michelle April 23, 2011 at 1:32 am #

very cute. i tired making some heart pancakes around valentines day after watching one of your vids. i learned real quick that trying to make wheat pancakes pink probably wasn’t the best idea, ha

5. Laurel April 23, 2011 at 2:05 am #

awwwww…..CUTE! How ’bout some updated pics of the kids? I’m sure they’ve grown a lot!

6. inspiried April 23, 2011 at 8:42 am #

it`s so wonderful to see your again) welcome back!
    pancake is so cute and bright, as usually
    Happy Easter

7. Gracey April 23, 2011 at 3:21 pm #

Sooo cute! Happy Easter!

8. Staci April 23, 2011 at 5:08 pm #

Super cute! Happy Easter!

9. Nova April 26, 2011 at 9:06 pm #

I love your pancake creations and I’m a little jealous ’cause my dad made only fried egg for me when I was little. And I did not even like them because they were glibbery and oversalted… I would have loved such colorful, creative and playful pancakes. So now I know what to do on the next sunday morning!
    Thank you for sharing your ideas and greetings from cologne, Nova

10. Mia April 27, 2011 at 8:53 am #

Glad to see that you’re up and about and making pancakes once again. inspired by your site and by the fact that Spring is here, I’ve made some delicious blueberry and raspberry pancakes served with strawberries :)

11. mindy1 May 2, 2011 at 1:32 am #

How cute :D

12. Kim J June 12, 2011 at 2:00 am #

SO excited to have found your site! A few months ago I started “Silly Saturday” pancakes with my daughter where we add fun things to our pancakes for this one “silly” day a week (that way I can easily say “no” to chocolate pancakes on Tuesday – “It’s not Silly Saturday”). I LOVE what you are doing and am going to try some of your tips! These are amazing! Thanks for sharing!

13. Misty June 28, 2011 at 10:01 pm #

I just found your site and I’m totally inspired. I cant wait to try making these for my 3yo this weekend. We’re taking him to his first movie (cars2) so I might have to be really ambitious and try to make a car. Thank you for posting all of your wonderful creations

14. Cecelia July 22, 2011 at 2:24 pm #

I love your pancakes but you said there would be many more pancakes coming up but its july and there are not any new pancakes since easter.!!!!! No offense but i love your pancakes and want you to do more!!!!!

15. {amanda} July 29, 2011 at 6:48 pm #

Hi There! I think you are so sweet to spend time with your daughter doing something you BOTH love-need more Dad’s like you :) I have a thing for Hot Air Balloons, maybe you can give one of those a whirl? Keep having fun :)

16. yasmeen July 30, 2011 at 2:29 pm #

Beautiful I want to know how to work dough milk cake and recite the amounts of dough and I suggest you to work cartoon characters such as Barbie and Bratz, and Ariel and Cinderella and celebrities also like Hannah Montana and Celine Gomes I am waiting for your reply. Your daughter is really beautiful and nice

17. Cherie August 16, 2011 at 5:59 pm #

These just get sweeter ‘n sweetr! Gotta see the latest!!

;)

18. Hottoys September 6, 2011 at 8:55 am #

Very impressed with the imagination. I am waiting to see something different and interesting for this Christmas? :)

19. Laura September 6, 2011 at 11:44 am #

fantastic! you’re genius!! great idea and blog!

20. bebop September 8, 2011 at 9:23 am #

Soooo sweeet that I could not bite into it :)
    Keep on cooking with such a talent.